Passport in Shenzhen

Lost Or Stolen Passport in China

A foreigner whose passport is lost or stolen/robbed shall promptly report to the local police station (公安分局宣) and then, with the Receipt of Case Reporting obtained, go to the Entry-Exit Department of Shenzhen Municipal Public Security Bureau for a Confirmation of Lost Passport, so as to exit China or to apply to his/her embassy or consulate for a new passport.

Passports must be carried at all times

Foreigners at the age of 16 and upwards who reside or stay in China shall carry with them their passports for possible inspection by police.