From Hong Kong airport to Shenzhen
When you arrive at Hong Kong Airport, there are several options to reach your final destination in Shenzhen. There is quite a lot of information available via the website of the Airport, but for exact information you still need to visit some Chinese websites.
The ferry sails from 09:00 to 21:20 (English link). Tickets cost about 260RMB one way for adults (prices). The ferry goes to Shekou. If that’s your final destination (or the greater Nanshan area), it’s fine to take the boat. If you want to go to Futian or Luohu, you still need to take a bus or taxi from Shekou. The subway line starting from the ferry pier is not yet finished.
There are several bus operators, tickets range from 100-160RMB one way for adults. You can take busses to the border (Huanggang), or into Shenzhen to various major hotels. More details about busses below.
The HKIA website gives a good overview.
At Hong Kong International Airport, there are three coach operators providing mainland China coach service. Their ticketing counters are located at the Arrivals Hall in Terminal 1 (facing Exit A) and the Coach Station in Terminal 2. Passengers can relax at the Mainland Coach Lounge before boarding.
- Service hours : 7am to 11pm
- Frequency : Every 10 minutes during peak hours
- Destinations : Major PRD cities such as Shenzhen, Dongguan, Guangzhou, Zhongshan, Foshan, Huizhou and Nanning at Guangxi.
The bus operators are:
- China Travel Tours Transportation Services (CTS, logo is a red star)
- Eternal East Cross-Border Coach (E&E, green logo)
- Go Go Bus (logo is a brown ‘W’ in a circle)
All three bus operators go to Shenzhen.
Bus schedules and prices
The ticketing counters are located at the Arrivals Hall in Terminal 1 (A08-A10) (facing Exit A) and the Coach Station in Terminal 2 (C15-C17). (see more details below.) There you can buy bus tickets from either bus operators. After purchasing the tickets, go to the Coach Station in Terminal 2 to board the bus.
CTS bus to Shenzhen (english)
- Destination: Huanggang Border (use this to visit me in Futian), Shenzhen BaoAn Airport, Shenzhen Shangri-La Hotel and other ShenZhen Hotels
- Departure time: 07:05 / 08:05 / 09:05 / 10:05 / 11:05 / 12:05 / 13:05 / 14:05 / 15:05 / 16:05 / 17:05 / 18:05 / 19:05 / 20:05 / 21:05 / 22:0
- Ticket counter: A04, A09, C05 (or C16?)
- Price tickets: 100HK$ northbound (but the first 2 and last 3 busses are more expensive: 150HK$) and 130HK$ southbound.
Trans Island to Shenzhen (chinese)
- Destination: Huanggang Border
- Departure time: 09:45 / 10:30 / 11:15 / 11:45 / 12:15 / 12:45 / 13:15 / 13:45 / 14:30 / 15:15 / 15:45 / 16:15 / 16:45 / 17:30 / 18:15 / 19:00 / 19:45 / 20:50 / *21:50
- Ticket counter: A10, C15
- Price tickets: 100HK$ to Huanggang, 130-150HK$ for destinations inside Shenzhen
From Shenzhen to Hong Kong airport
At the Huanggang custom, you can buy a tickets for taxis to Hong Kong airport. The price is 150RMB per person and you have to wait a little while till the car is full. The cars are registered in HK and can contain about 6 people. You can buy an official ticket in a small kiosk and the price is fixed. You don’t need to get off the car anymore at the border, which is very convenient. The taxi takes about 1 hour from Huanggang to HK airport.
The border between Hong Kong and Shenzhen in Futian district is called “Huanggang” in HongKong they might. After getting off at Huanggang border (from HK to Shenzhen), pass the customs and walk over a footbridge over the road. On the other side of the footbridge, you can walk down left and take a taxi. If you go from Shenzhen to HK, you can walk up the footbridge, or take a taxi.